Alabama Trial Attorneys
Speak to an Experienced Attorney Today
Petition to Modify

Tuscaloosa Modification Attorneys

Ready to Help You File a Petition to Modify a Family Court Order in Alabama

After a divorce is finalized, a lot of things can change. An ex-spouse may lose their job, or may need to relocate with the children because of a better job opportunity, or a child may need additional care due to health concerns. Whenever life changes after a divorce, the court may need to modify existing court orders.

If you are interested in modifying a current court order in Alabama, our Tuscaloosa modification lawyers at The Glasscox Law Firm LLC can help you file a petition in court. With more than five decades of collective experience, we can review your case, create an effective and personalized legal strategy, and guide you through the complexities of the legal process. Let us represent you in court and vigorously argue for a modification.

Schedule a free consultation by calling us today at (205) 509-5547.

Alabama Modification Laws

The final divorce agreement is a legal binding contract. However, if certain life changes affect your divorce agreement, you may seek modification.

Common circumstances that may result in a modification include:

  • Changes in one parent’s income or financial situation changes (e.g. getting fired, promotion, etc.)
  • One parent wants to relocate to another state or country, or within Alabama but 60 miles from the child’s current home.
  • One party remarries
  • The child grows older and their needs change
  • One parent is no longer fit to care for the child

If both parties agree to modify a current order, they may reach an agreement without going to a court and having a hearing. Yet, if the requested modification is complicated, then a hearing could be held.

By contrast, if only one spouse wishes to modify an order, they must file a petition to the court. A judge will schedule a hearing, where both parties will argue their case.

If someone wishes to modify a child custody or child support order, the court will decide based on the best interests of the child. Before deciding whether to modify a current order, you must obtain legal advice from a knowledgeable and skilled attorney.

Let Us Review Your Case Today

No matter how complex your case may appear, The Glasscox Law Firm LLC is here to help. We understand that life can change in an instant and are prepared to help you modify your court orders to ensure you are able to meet your legal obligations after divorce.

Contact our Tuscaloosa legal team today at (205) 509-5547 to learn if you are eligible for modification in Alabama.

Read What Our Previous Clients Have to Say 

The Stories that Really Matter
  • “I want to thank my lawyers, Stan and Elizabeth Glasscox, for giving me my life back. Five long years of being charged with a crime that I didn't commit. I had the Glasscox Law Firm with me from the ...”

    - K.C.
  • “Speaking from past experience; Stan Glasscox will stand with you when other lawyers will tuck tail and run. I will forever be grateful for Stan's help and friendship.”

    - Billy Irvin
  • “Stan is an absolutely AMAZING ATTORNEY!!! I am a Criminal Defense attorney and I was wrongfully arrested and charged. A lawyer always knows what to look for in another attorney. Stan was inquisitive, ...”

    - Victor Revill
  • “2 Words: EXTREMELY RELIABLE & TRUSTWORTHY Attorneys. I am a resident of Texas who received a speeding ticket of driving at 80 in 45 Zone and that too in a construction zone but its has its own valid ...”

    - Kunal Desai

The Glasscox Law Firm LLC Difference

  • Proven Track Record

    We have a winning record of taking on tough cases.

  • Education and Training

    Over 50 years of combined experience.

  • Husband & Wife Team

    When you hire us, you get two attorneys.

  • Courtroom Experience

    We're seasoned trial attorneys who will fight for you.

Contact Us Today

Serving as Trusted Allies
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.